Street food on London’s Brick Lane
So this month we are still busy looking up the history of London’s Brick Lane, sometimes dubbed the “Curry Mile” but now there’s recognition of the various Street Food vendors who are offering a mouth-licious choices of Vegan as well as food fit for all local carnivores on London’s Brick Lane.
I’ve selected a number of websites that promote these vendors and their delicious foods so click on the links below and enjoy.
Looking for London’s best vegan street food? We’ve got it covered. From Mexican delights to Asian specials, here’s 15 of our favourite vegan street food dishes in London you simply have to try: London’s Best Vegan Street Food: Ultimate Guide READ THE REST HERE!
Veechu has a new Tamil Street-food stall (serving dishes from Sri Lanka & South India) in Brick Lane, famous for its abundance of Bangladeshi restaurants, fashion & lifestyle markets. You can find them on Sundays at Upmarket in the Old Truman Brewery. The bustling food area recently had a stall claiming to serve authentic Sri Lankan street food. It went unchecked for over a year, misleading visitors into consuming a dismal selection of North Indian & Bangladeshi dishes! After numerous complaints from disgruntled customers the stall was shut down. READ THE REST HERE!
Exploring a range of Street food on London’s Brick Lane
Hailed as revolutionising our dining scene, the Street Food Market is where those in the know head to find the tastiest food on the go. The ever-expanding, colourful, troupes of trucks attract cult-like followings as crowds gather, hungry for their fill. From proper pizzas, to gourmet burgers, steaming churros and other gluttonous temptations, the Street Food Market is the new way to dine. WHY NOT SET UP YOUR OWN STALL? READ THE REST HERE!
Street sellers line Brick Lane with their homemade stalls, usually rested against the old brick walls. You will find everything from car boot style offerings, second hand clothing stalls, locals selling their wares, clothing stalls & food stalls. At the Bethnal Green Road end of Brick Lane the market sees more traditional market produce, like fruit, veg and electrics, but it really is a vast mish-mash of all sorts.
Neaby Street food on London’s Brick Lane
Make sure you explore all of the roads off Brick Lane too. On Cheshire Street you’ll find plenty of vintage shops and designer boutiques. Beyond Retro is also situated there. Plenty of bargains and bartering to be done. READ THE REST HERE!
London Street Foodie is an ever-growing guide to the best places to eat London street food. There’s a lot of street food waiting to be discovered right now; we’d like to help nudge you towards the good stuff. READ THE REST HERE!
Visitors to London could be forgiven for thinking that they are seeing a quintessentially English city. In fact, behind the picture-postcard facade of some of its most recognisable monuments, the English capital is one of the most multicultural places in the world. More than a third of Londoners belong to an ethnic minority group, making the city of more than eight million people one of the world’s most linguistically diverse. According to 2011 census data, almost every borough is home to at least 100 different languages.
Nowhere is this more evident than in the city’s East End, an area that has experienced centuries of migration as the traditional first port of call for migrants. In fact, in the 19th century, London became the biggest city in the world thanks to immigration.
Food has played a crucial role in integrating these communities into British society: Migrants may lose their language, their customs, and even their religion, but rarely will they lose their food. One street in the East End – Brick Lane – above all tells this story. READ THE REST HERE!
AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS
1. Iphone 7 Case, Keyye Soft Silicone Flexible Shockproof Jelly Rubber Cute Cartoon Ultra Slim Gel TPU [black plastic kickstand] Crystal Elastic Protective Shell – Colorful Tribal Mandala by Keyye
2. A Quirky Just in case MUST! TRIXES Quirky Black Compact Extendable Umbrella with Cloudy Blue Sky Underside
3. Show off your phone at Royal Ascot! Quality Case UK – Apple iPhone 7 / 7+ Plus / 8 / 8+ and iPhone X 10 Faux Leather LV Designer Cases – Multiple Designs (GG 8 (7+/8+)) by Quality Case UK
4. A Quirky Just in case MUST for the man in your life! Premium Designer Cufflinks with Swarovski Crystals – Ideal Gift for Men – Comes In Gift Box – Wedding, Business, Gift, Dad, Father, Son by Galaxy Fashion Jewellery Ltd – Made with Crystals from Swarovski
5. Show off your phone at Royal Ascot! 797 – Floral MulI Art Cute Owl Design Case Fashion Trend For All Amazon Kindle Fire Hd 7” 2012 / HD7” 2013 / HD7” 2014 / Kindle Fire HDX 7” 2014 / Kindle Paperwhite 6” / Kindle Fire HD 6” Tpu Leather full Case Flip Book Style Defender Cover – Choose your Kindle model from the drop box under by cellbell
6. 797 – Floral MulI Art Cute Owl Design Case Fashion Trend For All Amazon Kindle Fire Hd 7” 2012 / Kindle Fire HD 6” Tpu Leather full Case Flip Book Style Defender Cover – Choose your Kindle model