This Year’s Business Show 2017 at Excel Centre
Finally the sun has decided to grace us with its presence and here I am sitting in a hot sticky darkened room writing this post.
The good thing is that May 2017 has turned out to be a much better month in terms of activities and interest than grey smoggy April.
So what has been happening since Traverse 17, well of course there’s the annual Business Show at Excel which I have included in this post plus highlights and photos: I have a short video of Andy Harrington in full flow as well but I think it needs editing first.
But prior to the Business Show 2017 at Excel Centre London was Visit Hertfordshire, just minutes out of London is this sprawling and beautiful countryside that has been named in countless films, series and even in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Visit Hertfordshire tour was the idea of Chigwell Tours & Visits as part of an UKInbound recce of the county. The visit included a trip to Paradise Wildlife Park which was fascinating, especially during the feeding of the white tiger, a whirlwind visit to Knebworth House which we’re told was featured in countless films and even had a visit from Noel Gallagher. Then ontoDe Vere Theobalds Estate, a rambling and spacious hotel set in 5 acres of land which housed Tesco’s Training centre as well as a secluded Tree House used for corporate meetings.
We spent the evening there wining and dining, meeting the local gin distiller and sampling his wares – which I love, none of the awful after-effects some gins have.
Day two we spent the morning meeting 20 local attractions and their representatives; exhausting to say the least but all tiredness was forgotten by the time we arrived at St Albans Cathedral with its stunning arches and it’s quirky Guide.
Verdict was that this recce was worth the effort and we will definitely return to at least 3 of the Hertfordshire attractions.
So now to the Business Show 2017 at Excel Centre London. I was in 2 minds about attending but I got a phone call from their marketing department and booked to attend to find that there were not as many people as say in 2015. There was room to walk and most importantly attend the many workshops and presentations.
I Missed the Keynote Speakers at the Business Show
I in fact missed all the Keynote speakers, it’s great hearing how they became rich but I now need to put some of their strategies into place so I went to the following sessions instead:
- How small business can avoid getting hacked – Andrew Brogden
- Need to make a video? Get confident on Camera – Will Dolan
- Stop wasting and start making money from your marketing right now guranteed! – Kimberley Davis
- From benefit mum to property business owner in 11 years – Vicki Wusche
- How to get millions viewing your online content – Daniel Disney
- Andy Harrington – Power to Achieve
- Digital Entrepreneur Masterclass
I visited a lot of really useful stands such as the Virgin Business Bus and the Amazon Business stand as well as smaller providers who paid £400 excluding VAT for a space small enough to hang a coat and hat.
I don’t know but this year’s experience was a lot better for me that all the previous years rolled into one. There was a lot of information about Affiliate marketing, many businesses were geared towards promoting this opportunity; it’s been a long time coming but at last affiliate programmes are being embraced.
MUST ATTEND EVENTS OF THE MONTH
MASSIVE EASTER OFFER TO ATTEND ROYAL ASCOT LADIES DAY 2017
This is a golden opportunity to attend Royal Ascot Ladies Day on Thursday 22nd June 2017 at cost price. Email WFiL email@example.com for more information and you will be able to attend this glamorous day at JUST £109 Windsor Enclosure or £159 to enter the Queen Anne Enclosure. (This offer ends /18/6/17)
This all-inclusive offer
- Our fabulous all inclusive day tour package will include:
- Return luxury coach transport to Royal Ascot from London
- Bubbly will be provided on journey to the racecourse
- There will be an option to meet at Ascot
- Tickets to The Royal Ascot for Queen Anne Enclosure (previously Grandstand Enclosure) or Windsor Enclosure (previously Silver Ring)
- Large buffet lunch upon arrival, served generously with excellent varieties of quality red and white wine.
Board our luxury coaches at Victoria Coach Station (TBC) and you’ll be whisked off to enjoy an all-inclusive day out at the races and you don’t even have to place a bet.
Email: for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Programmatic advertising – is one of the biggest topics in digital today. Combining machine learning with big data, programmatic has revolutionised how online campaigns are run and optimised.
BLOGS WORTH READING
Once harnessed, the loyalty of the good consumer knows no bounds. How do you engage them? Tell them a story.
Here are my top 10 tips of what you could do to get yourself in front of the buyer and to give yourself the very best chance of clinching a deal.
Groupon referral link
MAY AMAZON LINKS
1. The feel good factor Patrick Holford
2. The Feel Good Factor: 10 proven ways to boost your mood and motivate yourself – http://amzn.to/2lmeJ8I
3. China Study, The: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health Paperback – 1 Jun 2006 by Colin Campbell
4. China study cookbook – http://amzn.to/2kJZ1Xo
5. China study diet http://amzn.to/2kiIWY1
6. Chef’s table K for Korean – http://amzn.to/2kq6IS9
7. Jura E8 coffee maker- http://amzn.to/2jGxgy6
8. Delonghi Dinamica ECAM coffee maker – http://amzn.to/2jweOGa
9. Sage by Heston Barista Express Coffee machine and grinder – http://amzn.to/2jweqHI
10. AlcoSense Ezcel breathaliser – http://amzn.to/2jWgBae
11. Judge Kitchen double walled gravy pot – http://amzn.to/2jWjWXa
12. Smeg SDA stand mixer –http://amzn.to/2jqsMLz
13. Blue JBL E55 Bluetooth headphones – http://amzn.to/2jqoHa6
14. Tomtom touch fitness tracker for wrist – http://amzn.to/2kpYp8Q
15. Griffin iTrip Clip Bluetooth – http://amzn.to/2kq1Ooo
16. Personalised Script Initial Stacker Ring – Sterling silver
17. This ring can be made in any size and personalised with one initial. Please tell us your chosen letter in the box. –http://amzn.to/2kDMFkj
18. Damn It, I’m Worthy: 7 Steps to Transform the Relationship with Yourself – http://amzn.to/2kQCTrb
Wow, well written and well researched. This book starts of with accounts of challenging childhood experiences of abuse in the first part of the book and I admire the author’s courage for sharing this.
19. Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be : A Memoir
Valerie Graves, whom Advertising Age magazine named one of the “100 Best and Brightest” in the entire industry, is a nationally recognized creative director of such Fortune 500 accounts as Ford, General Motors etc…In 2007, recognizing Graves’s stellar career and public service via the Advertising Council and the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, industry coalition ADCOLOR granted her the title of “Legend.” She resides in New York City. – http://amzn.to/2kq2kTa